Spend your summer in Wonderful Copenhagen. Meet lots of new people from all over the world. Gain some good hostel working experiences for your CV.
BTW: Did we remember to mention that you will get food, lodging, pocket money (300 DKK/week) and free experiences with the other staff as well?
Do you want to help give other, primarily young, people a great summer experience in Copenhagen? Are you a team player not shy of cleaning and cooking? Then you might be the one we are looking for!
Typically our volunteers are 16-25 years old, most being in their 20s.
A couple of volunteers and managers - in the happy summer of 2015. Btw. we do have male managers and volunteers as well :)
As a volunteer you will be working at the hostel with all the daily duties:
- Checking guests in and out (receiving payment, telling about the hostel, showing the guests around)
- Helping the guests (answering questions, renting out towels, etc.)
- Daily cleaning of the hostel (office, guest rooms, kitchen, living room, toilets, bathrooms etc.)
- Grocery shopping and preparing meals for the other staff
- Receiving bookings and answering questions via mail, online booking systems and phone
- Preparing social events for staff or guests
Usually there is 4-6 hours of regular work (as described above) every day for the volunteers.
So you will also have plenty of time to see Copenhagen with the other staff or hang out at the hostel.
The volunteers share the different tasks, so everyone gets to try everything.
We have two full time managers that has the daily responsibility of managing the hostel.
This year 2017 YMCA Interpoint Hostel Cph is open from 8 July - 2 September.
You may come and join us for one week or several weeks in the period - whatever suits your summer vacation plans.
So you what to join us? Simply send us a short email:
- introducing yourself and your motivation to join us as a voluteer
- containing a CV, if you have one
- NB: we are unfortunatly not able to take any more volunteers from Spain at this time (we seek to have a mix of nationalities at all times)
- indicate the period during 7 July - 3 September 2017 that would suite you
- send the email to Jeppe at
We had a lot of great applications last year, we look forward to get yours!
Feel free to ask us at